Thursday 12 June 2014

Being Polite

Sometimes, I feel different points between my culture and Canadians culture. For example, most Japanese use words of apology but I heard Canadians usually don't use these. In fact, I'm often using these words. Why do Canadians have an uncomfortable feeling as they heard it? I don't know but I think this is my countries polite. Of course, all Japanese don't apologize and we don't apologize every time. I think feeling to manners is different depending on people, so people who have different culture is difficult to understand. However, we might cannot understand each other but we will be able to accept each other.

I think first step for accept is knowing the person's culture. Listed below are my culture's politeness. I'm glad if you accept even a little me as you read these.

  1. Properly use chopsticks
  2. Properly use words and speaking
  3. Bow to someone when you have to apologize or greeting
  4. Write polite characters
  5. Being clean
  6. Respect older than me
  7. Doing on time (Don't late)
  8. Having responsibility to my activity
  9. Don't talk when we are eating
  10. Use formal words (KEIGO) to people who older than me (e.g. teacher, boss, etcetera)

We should respect all people because I think this is the Japanese plite.
Thank you for reading.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Shiori. I think so too. Japanese people often apologize other person. I agree with all your opinions.

    ReplyDelete