Friday 27 June 2014

My Favorite Celebration

Hi guys! Today, I will talk about my favorite celebration. ;-)

My favorites are "Ōmisoka" and "New Year's Day" because these days are very amazing! You know when New Year's Day is, but do you know when Ōmisoka is? The day is December 31th, so it is the last day on the year.


When Ōmisoka, almost people buy anything: for example, foods (some people buy expensive foods or go somewhere to eat), tool to clean my house. We should clean my house because to conserve and appreciate. Also, most people spend the time with family or friends or important people for us. Some people eat a "Toshikoshi-Soba (this is Soba)" before come new year. That's Japanese custom.





When New Year's Day, we say "Happy New Year!!" to surrounding people. Some people jump when just come new year's day, so they say "We were not here in earth!" lol I think children become happy on the day because they get some money that named "Otoshidama" from parents or adult of relative. I really loved that when I was child! Haha, I cannot get it now! In the future, I'm looking forward that I give it to someone. Next, most japanese people eat "Osechi" and "Oshiruko," or "Ozouni" on the morning of new year's day. I like it! Next year, we cannot eat these but I cannot wait when come new year in Canada! X)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Shiori. There are many kinds of way to customs, aren't you in Japan. I think most of foreigner will be surprised at " Otoshidama".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like new years day because it makes me excite!!
    I want Otoshidama but everyone don't give me it:(
    So sad!!

    ReplyDelete